- The Date
- Meals served – breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner
- The complete list of food components served for each meal/snack – including whole grain and milk info
- Offer a variety of meals and snacks
- The Date
- Child’ name
- Specific foods served at each meal/snack
- Amount offered
- ex. 6 oz formula, 2Tb Cereal and 2Tb bananas
Menu Reminders for non infants
- The menu is used to record food served to participants. A written record of the food actually served to program participants is required for every meal and snack claimed for reimbursement.
- If you are making changes to the foods served, your menu should be update to match what was served.
- If you state on your menu that a CN label food was served, a copy of this documentation (CN label) must be in your binder.
- Cereals must be listed by specific type. Please don’t list hot or cold cereal.
- Sites must have 5 days of menus available for review.
- Juice is limited to one time per day.
- At least on serving per day must be whole grain-rich.
- Meat/meat alternatives may replace the grain component at breakfast a maximum of three times per week.
- Breakfast cereals must contain no more than 6 grams of total per dry ounce.
- Yogurt may contain no more than 23 grams of total sugar per 6 ounces.